Search, download and play music from YouTube Source
Do you love music, but hate restrictions? With YouPlay you can search for whatever music in your mind. It will list a number of matching songs from YouTube. You can listen to it and YouPlay will download it as an mp3 file.
- Search music on YouTube by title or artist
- Get 10 search results
- Play your song
- If you play a song, it will be downloaded to your music folder/youplay
- Songs will be downloaded in the highest available quality from YouTube
- Already downloaded songs will not be downloaded again
- You can pause, jump back and forward while playing
- YouPlay has a GUI and CLI mode
RatingMobile Fit: 5
Perfect - this app fits your phone screen just fine out of the box and works nicely with touch input!
Project status: maturing
This project has been in development for some time and is somewhere around a 1.0 release. It should work mostly fine.
Is this app packaged for my distribution?
green: current and packaged,
red: packaged, but not current, ratings and other details may not apply.
Powered by Repology
If you're lucky*, you can install this app by just hitting this button:Install
* You need to have an
appstream:// handler, e.g., GNOME Software or KDE Discover, installed and the app needs to be available in a configured software repository, more details.
Find similar apps
By Service: YouTube
By Category: music player
Licensing and technical details
Programming languages: Python
Build system: none