Fully-featured XMPP chat client Source
Gajim aims to be an easy to use and fully-featured XMPP client. Just chat with your friends or family, easily share pictures and thoughts or discuss the news with your groups.
Chat securely with End-to-End encryption via OMEMO or OpenPGP.
Gajim integrates well with your other devices: simply continue conversations on your mobile device.
- Never miss a message, keep all your chat clients synchronized
- Invite friends to group chats or join one
- Easily send pictures, videos or other files to friends and groups
- Chat securely with End-to-End encryption via OMEMO or OpenPGP
- Use your favorite emoticons, set your own profile picture
- Keep and manage all your chat history
- Organize your chats with workspaces
- Automatic spell-checking for your messages
- Connect to other Messengers via Transports (Facebook, IRC, ...)
- Lookup things on Wikipedia, dictionaries or other search engines directly from the chat window
- Set your activity or tune to show your friends how you are feeling
- Support for multiple accounts
- XML console to see what's happening on the protocol layer
- Support for service discovery including nodes and search for users
- Even more features via plugins
Used to be great after scale-to-fit pre Gajim 1.4.0 and single window mode, now it’s ... just check the screenshot (with scale-to-fit enabled) below.
RatingMobile Fit: 2
Many parts of the app are not usable with touch input on small screens, even with
scale-to-fit org.gajim.Gajim on
Project status: mature
This project has been in development for a long time and is usually well beyond its 1.0 release. It should work fine.
Is this app packaged for my distribution?
green: current and packaged,
red: packaged, but not current, ratings and other details may not apply.
Powered by Repology
Get it on Flathub!
If you're lucky*, you can install this app by just hitting this button:Install
* You need to have an
appstream:// handler, e.g., GNOME Software or KDE Discover, installed and the app needs to be available in a configured software repository, more details.
Find similar apps
By Service: XMPP
By Category: chat
Licensing and technical details
Programming languages: Python
Build system: setup.py
AppStream Metadata URL: https://dev.gajim.org/gajim/gajim/-/raw/master/data/org.gajim.Gajim.appdata.xml.in